Current Assignment April 2020 (school-at-home due to province-wide physical distancing)
Journal Entries – the idea behind the Journal Entries required during this work at home period was to keep you writing (and thinking). You can write about anything you like.
Ideas related to the Coronavirus and pandemic:
how social (physical) distancing is going for you personally
– will this be difficult for you; what you are doing to keep busy; the pros and cons of physical distancing; how you are staying connected to friends and family
thoughts on what is happening worldwide, such as
1) the Canadian Olympic Committee has decided to not attend the Olympics in Japan this summer
2) people still congregating when they have been urged to go home and stay home (should more extreme measures be taken to make people stay home?)
3) people have been hoarding items such as toilet paper and hand sanitizer
4) what good can come out of this experience?
Journal entries do not have to be related to the pandemic. Some other ideas:
write about something you are passionate about, or feel very strongly about
choose a song, poem, quote, or artwork that you really like and explain why it appeals to you
write about a book that you are reading… how does this book affect how you think, feel, or act
What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world, after world, after world – worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet or excite you. Books help us understand who we are and how we are to behave. They show us what community and friendship mean; they show us how to live and die.